Friday, October 22, 2004

Chinese Cuisine Italian Style...

Antonia Barile prides herself in being able to cook everything and anything. She doesn't even go to a Chinese restaurant because it is too dirty. Besides that, she claims she can cook better chinese food.

So far I have tasted her chinese style cooking twice and each time it got better! The first time was instant Mamee noodles with french writing on the package - poulet flavor. For a party of 8, all she had to do was open 10 packs of noodles... put them in the pot and she cooked them for half an hour. I mean... it actually only takes about 3 minutes since its INSTANT and all... but of course I was so touched that she actually wasted 30 minutes of her precious time to cook the 'chinese noodle' which usually takes me two minutes with a microwave. The chinese noodles became chinese paste. yummy!!

Today is the second time i've had chinese food here and guess what? she has improved tremendously in her chinese cooking skills. Instead of mamee packet noodles... now it's some Express noodles in a cup. all she did was boil noodles and left it for 3 minutes. chicken flavour again. at least this time it didn't become paste. i must mention this : we weren't even given a bowl. we just ate from the cup as if we were on a camping trip. oh, but i thank god that we did not have to use those foldable plastic forks.

I mean, I didn't fly all the way here... and pay this woman CAD 700 to eat instant noodles. btw, i hate instant noodles. The worst part is hearing her call the instant noodles Chinese noodles.

During dinner, she made the chinese sound so lazy by saying, "Yeah, we have something like this in Italy but it'll take at least 15 minutes to cook. We have nothing THIS instant. I guess, it's just that Italian women like to be in the kitchen. If there are noodles like this in Italy it is usually imported from China"

Did I ever mention that she has something against the chinese and she once said this, "Asians are backstabbers!" but the funny thing is she buys all her grocery from the chinese grocer and she even cuts her hair at a chinese salon. I sometimes wonder if she realises that she was an immigrant before getting her citizenship here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home