Saturday, October 30, 2004

My Saturday...

A reason to love local fruits
I just found out recently that ang mohs believe that anything Asian is good for health. Americans are willing to pay USD 100 for a bottle of mangosteen juice because it is believed that it will keep you healthy and it is good for the blood, brains, etc etc. So, since most of u have a three month break, u all know what to do right? Make mangosteen juice and sell them on e-bay. Did I also mention that Tiger Balm costs RM 25 here and pineapples are RM 20!

Italians are not that ignorant
My homestay mates and i were having dinner with Mike last Saturday and it was the best dinner I had at the Barile's so far because Antonia is in Toronto visiting her grandkids. Mike bought char siew and pai kuat on top of the frozen teriyaki chicken rice we were suppose to have. Somehow during dinner, the topic came to the culture in Malaysia and I said that Islam was the official religion. He stared at me while I was wolfing down the char siew and said... "Gay Lee... you know you are eating pork right?" I nearly spat out the piece of meat and laughed out loud but I managed to control myself and and told him about the three different races and religion and all those stuff about Malaysia that makes us a melting pot of all cultures or some crap like that.

Does it snow in Autumn?
YES IT DOES!!! okok.. so it is only snowing in the mountains but the weather hasn't been great and for the whole of last week, the weather was about 2 degrees in the morning. i'm gonna kill the fella who told me that the lowest temperature in WINTER is 5 degrees. WELL.. its bloody AUTUMN only!! Anyway, there was a hail storm. It is not like the ones in kl. I think the hail can actually kill someone. I keep imagining myself standing at a bus stop that does not have a shade... and then.. i will suddenly feel tiny pebbles hitting me and i will have to open my bright pink umbrella to save myself. i hope i didn't just jinx myself.

So, after dinner, I stuffed myself with coconut buns and expresso. I don't even like coconut buns, but hey, anything Asian goes. Then, I helped Corey moved her stuff to her new apartment. So now, I do not have anyone to bitch with at nite. Expect more posts from me then. hehehe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home