Sunday, November 14, 2004

Why me??!!!

I will make it a point to never be early for a date again!! I was actually happy and proud of myself because I was ten minutes early for my appointment. So, there I was looking around and thinking about stuff when an old fart old enough to be my grandfather approached me. I thought he wanted the time but NO... he wanted to know where I was from. I don't know why... but I actually answered him. Damn it. warning bells should have been ringing in my head.

Anyway...

Old fart : Oh, Malaysia. (then he says something in mandarin) - btw, he is a damn caucasian

Poor me : Wo pu hui jiang hua yee (automatic reply from me when I hear mandarin although i was a little shocked)

Old fart : Oh, you can't speak Chinese? that's a little surprising. You look Japanese but your eyes are chinese. So you are Chinese Malaysian?

Poor me : Yeah.

Old fart : Oh, don't think I'm trying to pick you up or something. (OK... only then the warning bells started sounding)

Poor me : ok....

Old fart : So, are you here with family?

Me : Yeah

Old fart : What does your dad do?

Me : Businessman (should have said he was a cop)

Old fart : oh, i'm a painter. so do you have a boyfriend?

Truthful me : No... (i nearly slapped me head there and then)

Old fart : So, we can go out sometime?

Me : No

Old fart : why not?

Me : coz i don't even know you

Old fart : can i have your number?

Me : i don't have a cell

Old fart : can i have your house number?

Me : I don't feel comfortable giving it out

Old fart : Why not?

Me : my mum will not like it

Old fart : well, i can ask one of my girlfriends to call your house

Me : no thank you. I don't think my mum will let me go out with you

Old fart : Why not?

Me : coz she does not know u.

Old fart : well, can I come to your house and introduce myself. She will let you go out then.

Me : I doubt it

Old fart : I'm a painter, tell her I will paint one of your rooms for free and give u a good price for the rest of the house

Me : No thanks. We can afford a painter if we want to.

Old fart : So when can I see you again.

Me : I'll see you when I see you

Old fart : DO you want to go out now?

Me : No. I'm meeting someone

Old fart : is it a guy

Me : YEAH!!

Old fart : I thought that your mum does not allow you to meet guys

Me : I like this guy

Old fart : Are you sure? We can go have a nice drink now.

Me : I got to go

Old fart : Here is my card. Call me. What is your name??!!

I mumbled something

Old fart : my name is michaelangelo!!

I was running away by then. The thing is... he is definitely a married man. He was carrying shopping bags from the canadian superstore equivalent to our carrefoure!! Want to know the worst part? Other people were just staring at me and they definitely knew I needed help but NO ONE came and I had not cell phone to call ANYONE!!!

At that moment, I really felt like crying. I realised, there is a difference between getting picked up by old farts in kl and in vancouver. I have no one here!!!!

And I saw my friend walk towards me after two minutes. I don't know why I was punctual. hmmph.

I then told him what happened. He looked at me and said, "Next time, don't wear make up". Wah!! Double blow k!! I wonder if he meant that I look horrible without make up. I didn't ask him because I don't wanna know the truth


WHY ME??!!!!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Apa la lu ni...You are elder than me, ya know..and you still talk to strangers..Mumi ask me to tell you "NEXT TIME, DON'T TALK TO STRANGERS!"..and then you know mumi..she told us about how this and that..

Sun Nov 14, 02:55:00 AM 2004  
Blogger crayon said...

oh mai god...u poor thing. Although I cant help but grin at the sight...ehhehe..u really attract a fine bunch of weirdos don't you? =P...kiddinggggg

Sun Nov 14, 08:33:00 AM 2004  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why does mumi have to use my acc. to post a comment!! ARGH!...put larr anonymous..

Sun Nov 14, 08:38:00 AM 2004  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

do not judge the book by it's cover. They may look very innocent but can be the most dangerous people around. Anyway carry a pepper spray and make sure you stand in a crowded place. You need not be polite to any strangers... you have my full blessing to totally ignore them and run...........away.

TAKE CARE THIS IS A DANGEROUS WORLD...

Mon Nov 15, 12:00:00 AM 2004  

Post a Comment

<< Home