Saturday, February 19, 2005

Winter Experience...

Winter is ending and there is only one memorable experience besides me sitting in a Z4.

I went snowboarding. Got up too early to catch the bus up the mountain. During the journey, I was really worried about being able to snowboard because I cannot ride a bicycle (I still can't). Finally arrived at Whistler Mountain. Took almost two hours to get into our gear but it didn't fell that long there was a guy with a Brit accent working there and another guy who looked like Jude Law who was renting skis.

Bought the too expensive gondola pass to finally arrive at Olympic Hill. Sounds like for the pros eh? but... it's the first stop on the gondola, meaning it's the hill with the shortest run.

Had something to eat while waiting for two Jap girls to arrive to teach us how to board. Ok... this is where the story really starts.

After learning how to balance and stop and turn, we started boarding. It was bad. I fell down soooo many times it was horrible and I was less than a hundred meters away from where we started. But I carried on until I was reaching a cliff. I got so near it that if I tried to get up with the snowboard, I would have fell into the forest. So, Corey, who was near the cliff earlier, but somehow managed to get to the middle of the hill, told me to take my board off and walk to the center of the hill to try again. And so I did. I released one leg from the strap at first but then I decided to carry the board to the middle so I released the other foot from it.

Then, the board started sliding past me down the cliff into the forest. Heard a crashing sound. I couldn't believe that happened and I actually started laughing. Corey started laughing too. I was even thinking about how bloggable this experience was because all this happened after the first ten minutes of boarding.

One of the Jap girls tried to look for it but no luck. So I called up the rental shop, the lady there laughed and told me I had to go back to the shop to see how much it will cost me. We all walked up the hill to find help. The Jap girl suggested I look for someone near the gondolas to help. I went and found someone but he was of no help. He said that there were not enough staff around to help me look for my runaway board but he nicely suggested that I go look for it myself. (I'd rather pay for the board!). Then he added, if you decide to look for it, make sure you tie a rope around your leg before you climb down that cliff. Bloody babi putih. Aaarghhh I hate all of them.

BUT... I got my board back. How? It's the power of those perempuan Jepun. It's either they have a power over these bloody ang mohs or I've just been unlucky in dealing with these people. Both Japanese girls managed to get help from a guy. He even took his bloody snowmobile to help us look for my lost board and climbed down the scary looking cliff to look for it. Haih... it's either I have to be more demure (Aly thinks it's impossible) or pretend to speekish littow enguurish.

So, I got my board back and realised I could actually board quite well.

End of story.

Oh, I really wanted to blog about this earlier but someone made me repeat it toooo many times.

2 Comments:

Blogger crayon said...

You met Jude Law Version 2.0??!! I hateeeeeeee youuuuuuuu. You and ur brit pricks and ur blasted z3....*sob sob*

Mon Feb 21, 10:23:00 PM 2005  
Blogger g-ata-l said...

well... it's actually a z4 and riding in it is not really a thrill anymore... hehe

Tue Feb 22, 11:58:00 PM 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home