Sunday, November 28, 2004

Je parle le francais!!

I just realised that my French isn't that bad. A guy called up today wanting to speak to the new Vietnamese boy in my homestay. He couldn't speak English and asked me if I could speak French. I said a little. So he spoke slowly while I tried to recall what I learnt over the past three months.

I could understand a little of what he said which is considered very good because after taking a sign language course... I still can't make out what those people at Burger King are signing.

Vietnamese boy wasn't home so I had to take a message. I even knew how to ask him if he wanted to leave a message! but it was stupid of me because I didn't know what he was saying except that he is a cousin calling from France.

Anyway, the call made my day because I finally spoke French outside of class.

So now i'll make it a point to remember all the role plays thought although there are some useless ones like buying fruits and vegetables in a market. I don't even eat des fruits and des legumes and.. i haven't even really been in a market. I'll normally sit in the coffee shop and wait for my mum. That's the nearest I will go to a market. Maybe a French market will be different... hehehe





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home